View Single Post
Old 03-26-2007, 07:13 PM

Default Re: Putting in my notice - SCARY!!

I decided to stop the 9-5 at the beginning of this month. I've taken the last 26 days off getting ready for a move and setting up my business plan to run an IT services company for small businesses (10 to 50 workstations). I have no income coming in right now but lots of meetings lined up with prospective clients over the next month. I'll be offering basic IT support services like data backups, software upgrades, fixed asset inventory tracking, helpdesk support and technology purchasing.

I can live with no substantial income coming in for at least 12 months but hopefully I'll be much busier soon. I'm also fairly confident that I can pick up database programming gigs when business is still slow. I want to steer away from this type and focus on selling services that I can scale well and/or automate in order to get higher value for my time since programming gigs get paid on a per hour basis.

I'm excited, scared and overwhelmed at times but since I'm at that point in my life where I'm relatively free of responsibilities (no kids and no mortgage) I'll probably never get a better chance to avoid the drudgery of working 9-5 forever [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].