View Single Post
Old 11-27-2007, 12:13 PM

Default Re: chuck liddel VS wanderlei silva, who wins and how will the line op

Filho isn't going to train Chuck. He made some crazy statement like "I would never train an American against a Brazilian, I am no prostitute."

I just don't think Chuck has the physical tools to sit back and try to counter punch, especially against someone as quick and aggressive as Wanderlei. The power's still going to be there more or less, but I don't think Chuck has the speed or quick reactions to KO Wanderlei.

Also, when has Chuck ever fought someone with the skillset of Wanderlei? The last person even remotely close is Vitor Belfort, that was 5 years ago, and I don't really even think that's a great comparison. Chuck's been able to dominate the UFC LHW division the past 3 years because he's fought wrestlers and he's been able to nullify their takedowns and make them standup with him. Here's who's he beat since his first lost to Rampage:

Tito Ortiz x2
Vernon White
Randy Couture x2
Jeremy Horn
Renato Sobral

You've got 2 wrestlers, 2 jiu-jitsu guys, and 1 awful fighter.

Meanwhile he just lost a fight to KEITH JARDINE and got KO'd by Quinton. And you can go back to 2003 where Quinton stood up with him and beat his ass for 15 minutes. That's probably the best example about how this fight could go, IMO.

I also believe this fight means more to Wanderlei than it does to Chuck.

As always, there are a lot of variables coming into this fight. Is Wandy coming off the juice? He did get tested for his fight in February, and came up clean. Is he going to have any trouble becoming re-acclimated to the cage? Is he over the trauma of being brutally knocked out? Is Chuck going to come in shape? How will Chuck handle someone with the skillset of Wanderlei? Has Chuck really lost a step, or have you just seen the losing side of variance?