View Single Post
Old 11-25-2007, 09:22 AM

Default Re: fish commenting on my tight play

Depending on the mood of the table or how likely it will cause the person to play even worse I will say something like

"oh thats because I dont have a gambling problem like you do"
or "Oh jeez Im sorry, Its just that I like winning money when I come here"

I know its pretty aggressive but it comes in handy the next time youre holding a monster and hes sure his middle pair rag kicker is good.. and if you lose just tell them it was a nice hand without sarcasm or hurt in your voice. 7 different kinds of smoke.. keeps the table guessing

Decided to throw a quick add on here.. I was playing a week or so ago at Foxwoods and there was this little older guy in a suit, big glasses and an accent I couldnt peg down. I think it was russian or one of the neighboring countries. Anyway he would grumble and moan about not getting any cards.. show the dealer his hand every time he folds.. make the dealer was the deck over and over. Finally the ol drill sargent retiree with the buzz cut to his left started picking on him and grilling him asking him if he was American.. Americans dont talk like that Americans blah blah blah so I decided to play table police because it was getting pretty uncomfortable and with a few sharp phrases about where you come from has nothing to do with how you play cards and I had him on his heels and soon apologizing and trying to make friends. Oddly enough about an hour later I got "you better bring a gun if youre going to meet me in the parking lot" from the guy I defended.. too which I laughed and said "woah woah.. I only carry a knife man, you win you win" and got the table laughing.

A very interesting day but it kept the loose people playing and I left with money