View Single Post
Old 10-03-2007, 02:59 PM

Default Re: Ban effect on CP?

I was playing as the ban went into effect, and I very much savored the moment. Even with the glass in place, the tables closest to the bar area were smoky.

[rant]
Addicts now have to go outside to smoke, which means braving Minnesota winters to feed the flames of their addiction. I will personally rejoice a little bit every time I see some addict leave the nice (semi) warm cardroom to smoke outside in the snow.

Perhaps the continued pressure will assist people in deciding that smoking is a bad idea.

And before you smokers start bitching about how your rights are being trampled on, understand that I have to pay more in insurance premiums in order to pay for your smoking-related illnesses (not to mention the additional millions spent on asthma treatment in hospital ERs for children of parents to [censored] stupid to consider how their smoking is making their kids sick), so I don't give a rat [censored] about your rights. It's not just about your "personal choice," what you do affects others.
[/rant]

As to the impact on the games, there will be more 7 and 8 handed games as the smokers will not be able to run to the bar, take a few puffs, then run back to the table. Also, fine with me.