View Single Post
Old 04-04-2007, 11:28 AM

Default Re: Psychoactive drugs - whats your position on them?

[ QUOTE ]
I've been yelling at how bad MDMA is for you for a while now but people still think it's one of the safer drugs when it's one of the worst drugs you can put in your body (I think meth is the undisputed winner there).

[/ QUOTE ]

No argument here. Not sure about the US, but there's huge ignorance here about how vicious a drug meth is. If you go to a rave or something and ask someone what they've had, a common response is "Nothing. Just some meth.".

[ QUOTE ]
My point is considering the options (other illegal drugs, alcohol, nicotine, etc.), weed is clearly the safest drug with considerations to immediate danger, long-term health effects, long-term cognitive effects, addicton, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess it depends what you think is important. To me, my mental health and the integrity of my personality are extremely important. A lifetime of alcohol drinking will give me some liver damage and probably some diminishing in memory and cognitive capacity. Those are things I can live with. I prefer those consequences to a low percentage chance of my head getting screwed up. To put it in monetary terms, if I had a million dollars, I'd rather take a guaranteed $11,000 loss than have a 1% chance of losing the whole lot, even though from an EV point of view I should roll the dice.