View Single Post
Old 07-02-2007, 10:38 AM

Default Re: .50/1 Home Game AK

[ QUOTE ]
I thought you played .0005/.001 at your home game?

[/ QUOTE ]HAHA. This wasn't my home game- it was someone else's, but I think it's going to be a regular thing.

So that being said, it looks like this is pretty close to 0ev, so are there meta game implications of calling/folding here, since I'll be playing with this same group of people a lot?

I'd like to hear some ideas about the entire line of the hand, starting with PF. I know villain can fold to a 3bet (he's loose, but he respects my raises) and I'm definitely ahead of his range. However, building a big pot OOP kind of sucks. OTOH, he doesn't tend to pay off when he's behind, so if I flop an A or K, I'm probably not getting much. This was my reasoning for 3betting- I figured he'd either fold pf (which he'd done a few times) or fold on the flop if he whiffed, which he will usually do.

Another factor is that basically I'm the only person at the table who has 3bet (I did it with A3 from the button, K8 as a squeeze that worked brilliantly, and AK from the big blind that ended up going to showdown and winning a $120 pot) or check/raised a flop (which got two players to fold- I had TPWK in a limped pot). My image is probably fairly TAG- I haven't played many hands, but I've been very aggressive with the hands I've had.