View Single Post
Old 11-06-2007, 06:09 PM

Default Re: Female Singer/Songwriter Thread

Yeah I touched on the leaked version on my post.

So I downloaded that version thinking that that was the actual album. When I bought the CD and listened to it, I was WTF for awhile.
I honestly think the leaked version is far superior to the official release.

There are some articles online about it and a particularly good one that compares track for track. But honestly the official version KILLS Not About Love and it is my favorite song on the bootleg version. It strips all the nuance and depth out of the song. Also, I feel that the vocals are better on some tracks on the bootleg version, notably on Oh Well her vocal kicks more ass whereas the studio release it's flatter.

Oh and it also kills Tymps. Tymps kicks ass on the bootleg with a very big, full orchestral sound going on whereas on the official it's more of a hip-hop beat. (Elizondo has produced hip-hop so it's expected.)

Everything on the official release sounds so compressed and smaller, some of the beats almost sound like midis. And the drums are worse. I want the lush orchestration and obscure instrumentation of Jon Brion dammit!

Honestly, the official release is still good. The lyrics are the same, the skeletons of the songs are there. I'll take the official version than no version. But I consider the bootleg the official and just listen to that.