View Single Post
Old 11-19-2007, 08:24 AM

Default Re: Sahara Tournament?

My $0.02:

1. The structure is one of the best for a $42 plus 1 $20 add-on. ALWAYS take the add on when you sit down! Against donkeys plus local rocks, you want the stack early.

2. There are no antes in this MTT, so it actually makes the middle levels better. However, it is a 4 hour MTT, so the later levels are push or fold for the most part.

3.. The mgmt is poor compared to most, but if you know the rules you can *usually* end up with the mostly correct ruling. Harassing the dealers (most of whom have been there awhile is -eV - try a cheerful approach).

4. Quite often, a dealer is the TD. Find out who it is if you have a table balancing issue.

5. How they move players to balance is a mystery to me. In one MTT, I was moved 4 times in the same level! I missed posting the SB or the BB for the entire level! Remember, its a $40 tourney, not the WSOP.

6. IMHO, this is one of the few Vegas MTTs where chopping is generally the right call. I'm pretty sure the level does go from 1500/3000 to 3000/6000. I have chopped 3-4 times for usually ~3-4th place money. One time I was the clear CL and refused an even chop. In about 10 hands, there were only 4 left and I said wtf and refused any chop to keep playing. Both the TD and the dealer were not really happy, but they did their job. What I figured was that the other old local had zero HU experience so my advantage was pretty obvious. I KO'ed him in 6 hands when my K-4 got it all in vs. his TT on a K high flop. (please note - this is NOT a brag but a single data point to support the case of not chopping when you think you have an edge.)

If you are going to "play up" skip the CP $200 and play the Venetian $185. Its a much better structure. Also, I think the PH low buy-in MTTs are comprable to Sahara's - just in a better poker room with better dealers and mgmt.

GL!