View Single Post
Old 11-30-2007, 05:59 PM

Default Re: *** Official NY Mets Our OFFSEASON Has Come Thread ***

[ QUOTE ]
There are a number of young OFs (thinking of LA and T.B.)on the trade market, so everyone thinking Milledge would draw an all-star is not being realistic. Two years ago no one wanted to trade him because his perceived value was high, and now everyone wanted to flip him for a stud pitcher. Well guess what, his trade value (evidenced by this trade) has gone down. Church is solid (somewhat popular in D.C. actually). Scheider signed an inflated contract a couple years ago (4 for $24M if I recall correctly) but is a solid catcher.

If I was a Mets fan, I would be still be disappointed with the trade. However, I think it is actually a disappointment that that Milledge's value was not higher. This causes regret that Omar did not sell high 1 year ago.

[/ QUOTE ]

Unfortunately your post highlights the circularity of the concept of value and presumes that Omar has the same concepts of value as people in this thread. We can't know what Minaya could've gotten for Milledge, but it seems awfully clear that if this was the best he could've gotten, he should hold on to him.