View Single Post
Old 10-13-2007, 06:42 PM

Default Re: three barrels vs. raptor

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
why never fold pf? it seems like you could change your opening range to something that was more optimal than one that included Axo.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't follow; either A4o will show a profit when folded to us sb vs bb or it wont. I think it will. If others feel differently, they should fold.

Making our hand range optimal for that spot (not sure what this means) isn't a primary concern?

[/ QUOTE ]

well ok, you can open a x% of hands vs a good player. as you start opening more than x, you will encounter more resistance, and opening as wide will start to become suboptimal - right?

for example, when you say that Axo shows a profit, i feel that ATC shows the same profit because you make money when he folds pf or after a cbet really.

so why not try to optimize your range? there are really no advantages to opening A4o vs a tough player oop. it can make no big hands, when you do flop anything, its very obvious. i think that opening 93s is better than A4o, and i would much rather raise the former in this spot.

[/ QUOTE ]i see what you're saying. going to leave it with:
if opening ATC is profitable, you should do so. a good player will adjust, but not quickly enough. for the context of the 'should i open it bubble,' vs an unknown, the answer should be yes.

i see what you mean by 93s v a4o, but i dont agree. even though your hand is both obvious and does not make nut hands, that does not mean your hand has no value. (or a lower value then a hand which technically is hidden and can make "bigger" hands since it's suited)