View Single Post
Old 08-12-2007, 03:17 AM

Default Re: Ron Paul\'s Straw Poll Showing

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Then the conductor called your stop, breaking you out of your waking dream and you realized that it will be Romney or Giuliani against Clinton and Paul will have no influence on policy, the usual objective of the unelectable.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just for the record Copernicus, which Neo-con are you supporting? I know Guliani is the front-runner, but Romney just won the Straw poll. Also, that Bush wannabe Fred Thompson could actually get off his rear and run. I'd just like to know before it becomes a 100% lock for the nomination. So many of you Neo-cons were pushing George Allen before he fizzled out, just curious if your brave enough to back someone before he becomes a "lock".

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't classify any of the candidates as neo-cons, but disregarding that attempt at perjorative, of the current group Giuliani. I am probably more closely aligned with Romney's policies and style than Giuliani's but I accept the reality that a Mormon can't win the big one. It is that same acceptance of the reality of anti-Black and anti-woman sentiment that gives me hope for Giuliani in the general election, not any real understanding of the issues by the swing voters. As Ive said before, sometimes you just have to take the ugly wins. They still count in the standings.

Edited to fix mis-reading of the question.

[/ QUOTE ]

You agree with Giuliani's stance on gun control and abortion?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pro-choice and Giuliani is pro-keep the decision with the woman. Its not exactly the same, possibly better than the same, because he's willing to support law even if he's not in total agreement.

Gun control? Absolutely. nothing wrong with registration and demonstration of some minimal competence.