View Single Post
Old 09-19-2005, 06:38 PM

Default Re: Play a Hand With the Masters #1 Flop

Let's start with MJ: he is an experienced pro that can apparently play a deep stack game. Given the PF action so far I can basically reliably put him on about...two cards. Between the chance of him trapping, the chance that he hit this flop (which has some draws, missed half the stuff I'd raise with, and hit all of the QT, middle Broadway type coldcalling hands) somehow, and the chance that he's planning to CR me with air, I think I get popped by MJ alone close to half the time.

Moving onto the CO the other half of the time, he limp/called, which narrows *his* hands down to maybe the top 80%. If he has anything more than 54s, he's ahead of me, and in addition, with a CR after MJ folds, he can represent a monster whether or not he has one.

Raising PF is a worse minefield than calling is. That's OK (Hero's in a 10K buyin; he ought to be able to handle that better than me, for instance), given you can navigate it. If you can't, though, the right play is almost always going to be the one that keeps the pot smaller until you have more info about how strong your hand is.