View Single Post
Old 11-30-2007, 10:19 PM

Default Re: How do you like to play against maniacs like this??

[ QUOTE ]
That's a huge sacrifice. This is one hand. It doesn't define our strategy. You have a tremendous edge on this hand pre-flop that you can't sacrifice.

But I wouldn't want to get all-in pre-flop with 77 even though it is ahead of his range, because then my edge is small. See what I'm getting at?

Uhhh... so AK is better than 77 because....?

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, if you're going to be snide, you should try to be right.

Seriously? Assume his range is wide. Vs. a wide range, AK is a big favorite. Vs. a wide range, 77 is only a marginal favorite. If his range is wide, AK dominates far more hands than 77, and is dominated by far fewer hands than 77. I really have to spell this out?

If you get all in and he flips over AJ (or KQ, or AQ, or QJ), which would you rather have, AK or 77?

How about if he flips QQ or KK? Which one you want now?

Before you point out AA, I say,

a) wtf cares if you have 77 or AK vs. that hand
and
b) We have an A, so AA is less likely

So, 300BBs deep this is kind of sick, since I did not notice that OP says he doesn't 3-bet light.

But irrespective of this, I wasn't arguing whether to get all-in here, I was arguing against the general sentiment that you shouldn't worry about pre-flop edges vs. this guy simply because he sucks post-flop. Pre-flop edges can still matter a lot.