View Single Post
Old 11-13-2007, 03:14 AM

Default Re: Scammed by 2p2 account LerkEr...Beware

[ QUOTE ]
Shannon,

It would have been prudent to go through this guys post history before making the trade. It is clear that he is not very bright and that he has little to no poker acumen. Also, it is probably unwise to trust people with 88 posts in 10 days.

Those people saying that you should never do swaps are obviously ignorant. As long as you take steps to protect yourself (stick to reputable posters, stick to posters who someone can vouch for, stick to people who are clearly winning players, <u>get their cell phone number before making the swap and call them to confirm,</u> etc. etc.) then you should not have any trouble.

I hope that they were able to freeze his account before he got the money off but knowing UB I doubt it. I urge you to persue this though. I know that your opportunity costs probably don't make the hassle of UB customer service worth your time, especially when it is so easy to write off the 2k but if they could find this guy and you can find a way to press charges it would be a net benefit to the poker world.

-Steve

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the best post in the thread by far. Instead of being insulting people should be thanking OP for exposing a new method of scamming (pretending they want the same thing you want)