View Single Post
Old 03-25-2007, 03:02 PM

Default Re: theblackkeys\' \"Starting Strength\" log

[ QUOTE ]
One problem I'm having with SS is doing the heavy squats every single workout, I feel like I'm really using up my leg power. I'd like to do some running/biking/etc. on the off days, but 1) I'm so sore from the squats it's hard to even do it, and 2) if I do some hard leg cardio I feel like it takes away from my squat the next day.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not really doing SS, just sort of. Basically 5x5 or 6x3 MWF a pull exercise (almost always some form of pull up), a push exercise, and then I do 2 leg exercises consisting of squats/dl/lunges on a rotation....so M squat/dl, W, dl/lunge, F, lunge/squat, rinse repeat...might give you some freedom... I probably don't need extra exercsies but I don't really feel like I kill myself on only 1 push or pull exercise so I will normally throw in a varied row and weighted dips, if I really want to kill myself. I wrap up with some ab work and this pretty much kills me. I can't do a lot of the crossfit workouts, but for now I want to get stronger so I can actually complete a few of them rather than always having to cut them down.