View Single Post
Old 03-19-2007, 11:05 AM

Default stealing against people who never fold

I ran into a very strange situation yesterday in a 16$ double shootout. The softest group of players I have ever played against. got down to 4 handed, I maybe have 2400 in chips, blinds are 50/100. Leading up to that, in the smaller blind ranges, I quickly learned that no matter what I did, they would never fold preflop. 3 villains, all 60/5 type players. To compound the crazyness, they'd call all in with top pair any kicker, or even a draw to the 3rd nut (flush for example). You'd think that would be a dream come true, but I just couldn't make a hand. Stealing and continuation bets became a total waste of time. Ultimately I got into a position where I had to start shoving in the hopes of doubling through one of them, and lost a race to get knocked out.

the question I have is how you beat 2-3 players like this when you can't flop a hand. Maybe the answer is "you don't". I just kept bleeding chips with 4BB raises. Limping was often met with raises from the big stack. Limp-raising would have worked, cept I never got a good hand to do it with. And I couldn't really bluff preflop because these guys were literally calling with Ax, any pair, any 2 broadway, and 78s etc... Before it got to me just shoving, I figured I just needed to make hands I could value bet against them, knowing they were just going to pay me off so often. But the ratio of blinds paid for vs chips gained in a hand never worked out.

Anyone run into something like this before ? I really can't believe I lost. But I couldn't figure out another way to win, lol.