View Single Post
Old 09-14-2007, 12:18 PM

Default Re: Another Investment Fish Seeks Advice

Guys,

I can get into Citadel because I have a family member who has like $20 million in there so it is going in under his name. This is not a guy who needs my money. He owns a proprietary (sp?) trading company with offices in 5 different countries from Singapore to Madrid to Chicago to London to Mumbai. I'm not concerned he's trying to rip me off - he's just doing me a favor. He has done the same for other members of my family and we have a close relationship. He has set up something called a "family parternship" so I assume that's what I would be going into.

Look, suspend all disbelief. I can get my money into Citadel and it's legitimate. Assuming that is the case, should I still really be looking to put all my money in an index fund? Aren't I at the point in life where I should be taking some risk? Especially given that I am going to be making at least a decent amount of money in the next few months if not years? Is the risk really that much lower in the index fund that I should give up so much EV? From what I hear, Citadel isn't just any hedge fund - it's pretty incredible opporunitiy. Am I wrong in my thinking?

FWIW I'm not going to put every penny i have in Citadel - I will leave some in a Vanguard thing, but I am leaning towards putting it heavily into Citadel... Why is this wrong?