View Single Post
Old 11-29-2007, 12:27 PM

Default Re: Understanding the Social Security scam

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
.....after thinking about this some, is that given all the possible things that could be done with the trust fund, the safest and most prudent course would be to lend the money out to the borrower with a minimal amount of default risk. That borrower happens to be the Unitied States government.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? They have never paid back any of the national debt.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you're saying that the U.S. has defaulted on it's bond payments? Wow that's news to me and here I thought that U.S. treasuries were viewed has having essentially no default risk.

[ QUOTE ]
We are running a 800b deficit and about 300b is coming from ss tax.

[/ QUOTE ]

So?

[ QUOTE ]
How is the govt going to continue running a deficit, while also coming up with the 300b they will no longer be able to get from the ss tax?

[/ QUOTE ]

You answered my question with a question which is a non answer, thanks for playing though.

[ QUOTE ]
They are probably going to do it by not adjusting the alternative minimum tax, which was created decades ago to tax the rich, but due to inflation will be hitting close to have the taxpayers in a few years.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whatever but it doesn't answer the question but I realize you have no answer because you don't like the question.