View Single Post
Old 03-31-2007, 05:02 PM

Default Re: Please evaluate turn..KK with A on the flop

[ QUOTE ]
Commerce $20-40, villain has only been sitting for two rounds. He does not fit the Commerce profile. Young caucasian guy, well dressed in a preppie sweater. He bought in for $1500 and has hit a few hands already. Made a aggressive(by Commerce standards) value 4 bet in one hand. Seems TAG.

I have not played a hand since he sat down and have tossed my BB to a raise. I might as well be a piece of granite to this guy.

I open raise K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] mp1. Folded to villian in sb who calls as does moron calling station in the bb.

Flop is A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 10 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].

Checked to me, I bet, villian calls, bb folds.

Turn is J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].

Checked to me, I bet. Sb raises. I insta three bet.

I didn't want to get outplayed by Q10 or QJ with the queen of spades here. Really, no hand makes too much sense for sb other than a weakish ace or perhaps A10. I didn't think he had the flush here....not a whole lot of flush hands made sense based on the board and based on the way the hand played out thus far, and even if he did have a flush, I didn't consider a Queen high flush and knew he would probably just call if he had a lower flush and I could re evaluate the river. Seems like a TAG would have three bet preflop with most hands that beat me except weakish ace, suited spade connectors or gappers and maybe something like A10(which I can't understand the flop slowplay here). I thought I could fold out weak aces for sure and 14 outs anyway if I can't.

So is my turn play solid/correct? Is there anyway I find a check on the turn due to picking up the flush draw? Is it more correct to just call the c/r and fold the river/call the river(I hate doing either)?

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't raise the turn. He should have a drawing hand, like suited cards, in order to play the sb this way. Normally the sb should raise or fold when all others have folded to the preflop raise. He only calls with a drawing hand in which he'd like to have a third person participate. Straight or flush is likely. Just call. You will have to call the river also so if he is bluffing your call could induce another bluff on the river.