Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $45.55
UTG+1: $20.87
Hero: $65.50
Button: $15.50
SB: $47.75
BB: $35.85

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is CO with A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
UTG raises to $2.5, 1 folds, Hero calls $2.5 , 3 folds.

Flop: A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($5.50, 2 players)
UTG Bets $4, Hero calls $4.

Here we have the beginnings of a RIO situation. Hero's hand strength is relativily unknown. He called a bet in position with a dominated hand, and saw a flop, and hit. Villain bets and hero just calls.

Turn: 3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
UTG bets $10, Hero ?

Here is where the real RIO comes in. At this point Hero still has no idea of his relative hand strength, his opponent can still back off on the river if beat, he has little chance of improving and if he does still may be beat, and a call here commits you to the river

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm confused. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Is this really a RIO-situation for Hero? Sure, you don't know the relative value of your hand... But not every situation in which you don't know the relative value of your hand is a RIO-situation.

And after your flop call, is villain in a RIO-situation? He doesn't know wheter you are slowplaying a set or floating.

Also, I don't see why Hero is committed to the river if he calls the turn-bet.

Can somebody explain this to me?