View Single Post
Old 06-20-2007, 12:54 PM

Default Re: Weighty issue I feel powerless to handle (Longest Post Ever OMG)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I like your idea of living with her first, but that will be an in the face disrespect to her mother and her Catholic beliefs, so be careful.

[/ QUOTE ]

FWIW, she did live with her last boyfriend for 3 years, and I guess the fact that her mom didn't disown her for that means that she's probably somewhat forgiving in the living-in-sin department (or maybe she wasn't forgiving; I haven't probed into the dynamic between her mom and her ex). But that guy was Chinese.

[/ QUOTE ]

All the more evidence that this is a Chinese thing way more than a Catholic thing.

Call it a rant but I think that Catholics by there very nature are forced to live a life of hypocrisy. It is the only way to reconcile their beliefs (hundreds of years removed from the modern age) and reality. Tons of catholics have lived in sin, used birth control, gotten divorced and even had abortions but still consider themselves good catholics.

If living with you were to become an issue it might be brought up as a Catholic thing but it is most certainly going to be rooted in the fact that you are not Chinese.

Greg