View Single Post
Old 11-10-2007, 05:00 PM

Location: Here I am, brain the size of a planet and I can\'t beat the 2 cent O/8 game on UB. Depressing, isn\'t it?
Default Re: The dealer said I couldn\'t do it

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This time, I decide to try the other strategy. I remove my chip from my cards and make a show of being about to fold, and tell Senor Gold the most I can call is $10. He immediately pulls back $15 of his bet, and I call.

The table erupts. "Can he do that?" "He can't do that!". They all look to the dealer, who says, "I don't think you can do that". I tell the dealer confidently "We are headsup, we can do what we want, and (waving at the table) it's none of their business". Jesus Gold tells the dealer just to finish dealing the hand, the dealer shrugs and produces a non king completing a flush draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

If i was dealing, the bets stays.
If the floor was called it stays.
It is irrelevant that you are heads up, the rules don't change based on the number of players. A bet is a bet, its not a start to a negotiation.

[/ QUOTE ]

I assume from your reply that you are a dealer. I won't ask where you deal because it is bad manners to out a dealer in this forum but I would like to know what market you are in.

It sounds like a relatively new market or somewhere that has restrictive laws because places that are serious about poker, usually let heads up players do whatever they want. This refers to higher limit games and usually doesn't apply to $2-4 or 3-6 limit holdem games.