View Single Post
Old 08-08-2007, 11:53 AM

Default Re: Air travel security is retarded - why?

TWP,

So far, most of your posts in this thread have come off as angry, minimally reasoned rants. I used to do CT work for awhile (pre and post 9/11). Part of that involved airport security testing and measures effectiveness.

If you would like serious answers to your questions please calm down a bit and examine the situation from a more dispassionate and logical stance and I'll be happy to join the conversation.

I'll start by saying, airport security, in general, has improved markedly, post 9/11, yet there is still a ways to go. Some measures have a greater impact than you understand (such as shoe x-rays and liquid restrictions).

I disagree with your stated goals of airport security in the OP.

Assuring security far far far outweighs any inconveniences. That said, most TSA branchs do work hard to minimize the inconveniences BUT I don't think that should ever be their priority. Remember, everytime you board a commercial airliner, you potentially endanger possibly 300+ other passengers and crew, not to mention all those on the ground should you decide to use the plane as a weapon. In these cases, I believe the safety and security of all 300+ outwieghs any, usually minor, inconvenience you might hae to deal with during security screening.