View Single Post
Old 11-24-2007, 05:56 AM

Default Re: Do downswings get easier?

[ QUOTE ]
I've gone through probably 4 or 5 downswings of 6-8bi but each time it's just so frustrating, seeing all that hard earned just disappear away.

[/ QUOTE ]

As others have mentioned, if you have a good mentality then the threshold for when a downswing bothers you should increase over time. Since it sounds like you're stuck as coping with 6-8bi downswings, maybe it would help to change your mentality a little.

The bolded part was mostly what caught my attention, since many players fall into this line of thinking. You might have a great day of playing, end up many buy-ins, and have a winrate of like 20 BB/100h. Even though you realize you ran well, it's easy to think "Nice, I'm a good player and I won, so I deserved it... I EARNED that money!" But the reality is, you really only earned the 5 BB/100h or whatever your abilities earn you. The extra 15 BB/100h you basically luckboxed by running good. So besides just realizing that variance evens out, try to put the winning days in perspective. "I made $1000 today, but I really only earned $150..."

Hope this helps