View Single Post
Old 11-30-2007, 10:20 AM

Default Re: 50nl 6max: 66 in 3bet pot

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
To everyone saying fold PRE flop can someone show me some math or a pokey thread or something, i haven't checked up on this part of my game for a while but as far as i see PF,
we are paying $5.25 to win $10

Our equity is 33% against JJ+; AKo; AKs.

isn't this around the right price?

Note. 1) yes i worship pokey.
2) yes it is a tricky situation after the flop for 66.
3) yes it is a fairly large portion of stack (13% of effective stack)
4) I am not doubting we can fold PF, but i don't think its a big a mistake as everyone is making it out to be...

5) isn't there a NUMBER (eg. 9% of stack) which we can mathematically call with to flop sets? call me a dumbass for asking this Q but whatever. i think i remember reading a topic on this agggges ago.

[/ QUOTE ]

i tried to give helpful hints in my OP regarding his turn/river AF but noone seemed to care, except for a select few thinkers.

those who say fold PREflop are wrong wrong wrong. "you'll never get paid, its a bad call"

[/ QUOTE ]

It doesn't really matter if you get paid. In my post right before this one I said it, but there isn't enough money in play for you to have enough implied odds to setmine even if you get stacks in every single time you hit a set. You'll be getting paid too little for the amount of times that you will make a set for it to be profitable.

Now maybe you could call if you weren't planning on just setmining....but you didn't say anything about him 3betting you light and his PFR is only 13 and even if he is 3betting you light I really still don't really like calling with 66.