View Single Post
Old 07-16-2007, 09:07 AM

Default Re: top pair against a deep donk

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

re: your PFR UTG. i'd check results to see how KJo from UTG does for you. KJs is std but off, eh, not loving it. this is the absolute lowest of my range PF UTG and it is very much dependent on if i'm having a nitty or laggy session. if nitty, it's just about okay. if anything laggier, i'd chuck that junk.

the reason you're posting is that the villain put you to a difficult decision with a marginal, far from solid hand. i think if you dumped KJo from your UTG range, it'll be one less difficult OOP decision you'll need to make.

[/ QUOTE ]

KJo utg even 6 handed is standard for me, and i'm a nit

[/ QUOTE ]

I just feel that KJo plays horribly UTG. You rarely know where you stand and if you face some heat, it's very difficult to make a viable argument for continuing with the hand. If you are ahead, it's rarely by much and you're often thinking, "ugh, gimme a cheap showdown villain". I feel the no. of tough decisions you have with KJo far outweigh the easy decisions. I think it's a tiny leak to mandatory-play this hand. It's a situational hand.

Having said that, on the rare occasion you hit big with KJ, it can pay off but it's never enough for me. Or of course unless you have mad post-flop skillz i.e. the likes of the cts' and durrrr's of the world, I think it's not worth going to battle over too often. I'm not saying never play KJo from UTG. The contrary. However, I think there are only a few situations where it's viable to play it UTG.

This game has enough tough decisions and I think plugging the KJo UTG decision is an easy one to fix. Call me nitty! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]