View Single Post
Old 11-30-2007, 12:00 AM

Default Re: Can Today\'s 50 Year Old Be Favored To Reach 90?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
DS,

I doubt it. Theres too high a risk of accidental death for most people who IMO will be able to fit the correct lifestyle patterns (wealthy, fit). You may, however, be able to find a really small subset that fits it, but no way of really testing. I think you could get pretty close... Maybe 35-45%?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah. If only there was an industry built on pricing this sort of proposition. If only...

[/ QUOTE ]

I dunno if they get down to specifics like: "Do you eat a calorie restricted diet everyday?" "Do you eat red meat?" "What religion are you?" "How happy is your marriage?" "Are these answers to these health questions accurate?"

Obv actuaries give us a starting point and I'd like to imagine DS realizes this as well and wants to see what is beyond them.

[/ QUOTE ]

If actuaries give us a starting point, then isn't it sensible to start there rather than speculate about what to do when we reach the end of their data's use?

edit: decided not to edit after all.

[/ QUOTE ]

Apologies. Clearly DS in his senile ramblings wants real tangible answers instead of random musings like every other thread he creates (Barring that one he made that landed me a little 2p2 vacay). My error.