View Single Post
Old 10-25-2007, 08:40 PM

Default Re: Couples with differing views on religion

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Why would you care if your future wife wants your children to go to church? Religious beliefs aside, how could having your children be church-goers for the early part of their lives and then allowing them to make a choice when they're capable of doing so have any detrimental effects on them?

[/ QUOTE ]
How could it be anything but detrimental to teach your children to base their lives on a fundamental lie, when they are their most open and the things they learn will stick with them the longest, simply to respect your wife's superstitions?

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe this is me projecting my experiences on the general population, but I do not know of one person raised in a strong family who was told to go to church growing up ended up being a bad person because of it.

[/ QUOTE ]
this is so LOL I don't know where to begin, but let's start with Fred Phelps and his brood.

[/ QUOTE ]

How do you know your children will think the same way. This isn't the same thing as allowing them to do something that IS factually wrong / immoral. It is an opinion that you hold that they might actually disagree with.

Maybe you read-over the "strong family" part? Of course there are exceptions to any rule. I'm sure there are atheists out there who raise their children based on terrible morals and beliefs. The ideals of the religion and the ways in which your raise you children must be solid.