View Single Post
Old 11-07-2007, 12:36 PM

Default Re: Online Poker Article

I posed this question in the 'Let me introduce myself' thread and didn't get a response:

How can we get our hands on a copy of the PPA's form 990 for the most recent year?

For those not in the know, the PPA is a 501 (c)(3) non profit organization (the 501 (c)(3) referring to the section of the code under which it is organized), which is required to prepare and submit a 'Form 990' annually. This form is essentially the tax return of the organization and, among a range of financial information, includes sources of funding. These are supposed to be publicly available documents (in unusual circumstances, organizations may be able to obtain exemption from having to make these public).

There are a number of websites that allow you to search for charitable organizations and obtain their Form 990's (or Forms 990, excuse my grammar). I'm in the accounting profession and despite the tools at my disposal to find such information, I can't.

I'm sure having this would (or should) put to bed the issue of where the PPA's funding comes from and goes to.