View Single Post
Old 10-12-2007, 03:48 PM

Default Re: ctrl+v

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Sounds like an unbiased opinion to me!

[/ QUOTE ]

Not more biased than any quotes from NRA and similar organizations!

[/ QUOTE ]

So your counter to bias is more bias?

Also, LOL at your "source". Listen to this whopper:

[ QUOTE ]
Claim 2. Armed robberies are up by a "whopping" 44% since the new laws. In fact the rate of armed robbery increase dropped 12% in 1998.

[/ QUOTE ]

These two statements are not mutually exclusive, DUCY? Plus, data-cherry-picking FTW.

NOW REMEMBER, your statement that I asked for a cite on was this:

[ QUOTE ]
Were all crimes with, or without, guns, eliminated? NO, in either cases, but they were reduced!

[/ QUOTE ]

Please provide a source that backs this statement. The one you've provided does not, since it acknowleges that crime increased after the new austrailian gun laws.

Continuing on...

[ QUOTE ]
Lets put it this way. You favor unlimited gun ownership and you are in a room with a totally deranged person (they do exists). You would say that in the name of freedom you would like, or not object to, him to have a gun!?

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do I have to be compelled to be in a room with other people? I probably wouldn't want him to have a baseball bat, or knitting needles, or a fork, either.

Yet another case of jumping to edge-case scenarios (locked in an enclosed space with a "total nutcase") to justify impositions in the general case. If everyone were derranged and everyone were locked in rooms with other people, you might be on to something! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] <-- I'm going to start taking a page from the RedBean/Midge Secret Trolling Handbook and start using more smart-ass statements, of course dding a "!" and a "" to the end.

And since these people DO exist, I am certainly *entitled* to defend myself from them. Since these people DO manage to get guns (your precious gun control doesn't magically make them impossible to obtain) I certainly see a need for myself to have access to defensive measures.

Now, putting ALL of that aside, can you please explain why I need *your* permission in the first place?

[/ QUOTE ]