View Single Post
Old 03-26-2007, 09:38 AM

Default Tiger Woods, just as an amateur, Casey Martin

Assume Tiger Woods never plays golf again, after winning his 6th consecutive USGA tourney, 3 Juniors, 3 US Am's. Where does he fall in golf history? Consider the question if he is struck by lightning and dies, or if he were to simply never win another tourney.

Do you think Casey Martin should have been allowed to ride in a cart? I say yes, I think of a poker analogy,, what if a blind man wanted to play poker? Would it be such a big deal for someone to tell him what his cards are, even though you're only supposed to have one player to a hand? Consider a scenario where Casey Martin was possibly the best player in the world. If I am the best, I want him out there, so I can play against him, so we can settle who is the best. I admit fatigue can set in, but its a very small part of the game, just like reading your cards in poker, even though sometimes, you may mistake a club for a diamond. I can certainly understand the other side of the argument, and I think Finchem handled it well by saying the PGA wanted Casey to play, but they wanted it to be on their terms.

Also, if you're not a golfer, please mention that when responding to this, as I think it is important.