View Single Post
Old 02-02-2007, 09:46 PM

Default Re: Monoploy: Luck or Skill?

[ QUOTE ]
Alright, I have a few more questions:

1. Say there are only four houses left to buy. Player A has Hotels on his monopoly and Player B has enough room/money to buy four more houses. Player B declares I want to buy those houses. Player A then states I'm selling back one of my hotels, and putting up those four houses. Who has priority here and is this a legal move? Can Player A declare he's selling back one of his hotels (and putting up four houses, so he's really only selling back one "house" if you consider a hotel 5 houses, I think you know what I mean) after the fact that Player B declares he wants to purchase those houses?

2. Scenario: All houses are bought up. Player A has one monopoly with three hotels, all other property is mortaged, and has zero cash (for simplicity). If Player A lands on ANY spot that makes him pay money, does he have to sell all three hotels back? Remember, all houses are bought up and you can't build unevenly.

[/ QUOTE ]

1. I don't really know what you're on about here. For starters, you can't have more than one hotel on any one property, unless you're playing retarded rules. Secondly, in between rolls, any player can make any improvements and/or downgrades to his property(ies) at ANY time.

2. You can/have to sell them back. Just because there are no houses left in the Monopoly box doesn't mean you can't put houses on properties, just like if there's no money in the bank doesn't mean the bank is broke. Make houses with cubes of cheese or something - they count.