View Single Post
Old 11-11-2006, 04:38 PM

Default X360 - Geometry Wars

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geometr..._Retro_Evolved

I'm sure many of you who own 360s have already played Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved, but I wanted to bring it up for those who haven't. Since I only recently bought a 360, it's still pretty new to me. I'm not going to try to write a full review here, as I no write good.

GW is fantastic, especially for the price. It's only 400 points (about $5) on xbox live arcade. This game feels like it would have been one of the most popular arcade games ever if it had been released during the height of their popularity. But how to describe it...

You control a ship, and lots of relatively fast moving shapes try to slam you from all directions. Being touched means instant death. Your ship can move and fire in any direction, and ammo is unlimited. Each of the enemy shape types (ships) have distinct behavior that will help you react the right ways to all the eventual chaos on the screen. Think smarter, faster Asteroids mixed with lots of pretty colors, black holes, and better control.

The high scores on the xbox live leaderboard are ridiculously high. Somehow these people have managed to accumulate a few hundred million points. At this point, I'm still not able to break 500k. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img] It just gets a little too fast for me to keep up with. For those of you who have played this, what's your high score? I'm sitting at 440,955.