View Single Post
Old 09-18-2007, 10:31 PM

Default Re: OT: [censored] thread, September, READ RULES IN TOP POST

[ QUOTE ]
Here's video of the dude from when he steps up to the mic to ask/discuss in this open forum. There's other vids and angles of this.

He's giving his speech/asking his questions and the cops start to detain him. I'd be pretty pissed too if I was physically handled during an open forum event. Yes he was a douche, but it could have been handled in a different manner.

[/ QUOTE ]

Having watched three or four different views/angles of this, looks like the cops followed procedure pretty much to the letter. If a detainee continually resists arrest (as this kid did), they're instructed to stop struggling/resisting or they will be tasered (the warning was given at least twice that I heard), and if the detainee continues to resist (as this kid did) they are instructed to use the taser (as they did).

Unlike parents or teachers, police threats are rarely hollow. If they stop or I'll shoot, they will usually shoot if you don't stop. If they say stop struggling or you'll be tasered, either stop or expect to shake for a while.

Those warnings are part of the procedures they are trained to follow. Don't heed the warning and you'll discover they intend to follow through.