View Single Post
Old 10-31-2007, 08:09 PM

Default Re: The APPT Macau: The First Texas Hold’em Poker Tournament in China!

[ QUOTE ]
Hi, if I do recieve a passport in time my flight will arrive in Hong Kong at 10:05pm. Are their any ferries that will be running this late at night so I can arrive in Macau that night?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you were to arrive in HKIA after the last TurboJet ferry leaves the HKIA ferry terminal at 10pm, you have two options:

1. Stay overnight at a lounge at HKIA. You can rent a "napping" chair and a shower at the 24-hour lounge on Level 7, West Departure Hall, near Gate 36. Spend the night in the lounge until the next morning to catch the first ferry, which leaves the HKIA ferry terminal at 10:50am.

enquiry.pplhk@plaza-asia.com

http://www.hongkongairport.com/eng/tbu/shower.htm

This method does NOT require you to clear customs and immigration in Hong Kong, and does NOT require you to use public transportation in Hong Kong late at night to get to the Sheung Wan ferry terminal.

2. Clear customs and immigration in Hong Kong, take the Airport Express train to the Hong Kong terminal, hire a taxi to the Hong Kong-Macau ferry terminal in Sheung Wan, and take the ferry to Macau Ferry Terminal, where you will have to hire a taxi to get you to the hotel (last shuttle bus leaves at 11:45pm, so you will miss that as well).

I do NOT recommend this option if you are traveling on your own and you don't speak any Cantonese.

--

My advice: try to book something other than Northwest through Tokyo for evening arrival if you can because your connection to Hong Kong will get there very late. (Morning arrival in Tokyo is OK, as you can then connect to a flight to Hong Kong for early afternoon arrival.)

United has 1 nonstop flight to HKIA each from Chicago O'Hare, Los Angeles and San Francisco each day for evening arrival, in time for the 10pm ferry. A number of us will arrive on Tuesday between 6pm and 8pm and will meet up at the HKIA ferry terminal.

Cathay Pacific offers 3 nonstop flights from Los Angeles and 2 nonstop flights from San Francisco, with your choice of early morning arrival (in time for the 10:30am ferry) or
evening arrival (at 7pm, in time for the 10pm ferry). Cathay Pacific has a code-sharing agreement with American Airlines if frequent-flyer miles is an issue.