View Single Post
Old 08-20-2007, 02:35 PM

Default Re: Professional No-Limit Hold \'em Study Group Day 1

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Where I make most of my mistakes is when I bet 1/2 pot giving villain implied odds only to hit either his flush or straight draw and then paying off a little bit when he does by maybe calling a smallish turn bet.

Here's my question - if you're trying to price out a draw and that draw appears to come in, do you just give up to ensure you're not giving implied odds to your opponent?

ex: 100BB effective stacks. You raise black aces 4x OTB and get one caller. Pot is 8BB. Flop has 2 hearts, no straight draws. Checked to you and you bet 1/2 pot. Villain calls.

Turn completes the flush and villain leads repping the flush. To deny implied odds, is this an auto fold?

Why do I get the feeling I'm leaving something out and "it depends" is the correct answer?

Thanks for this thread. We all appreciate it.

Onaflag...........

[/ QUOTE ]

sadly it still depends. mostly it depends on how often he bluffs. if he doesn't bluff much you can lay down every time and not lose much.

if he does bluff a lot and you're pretty sure he wouldn't value bet a hand that's stronger than yours but less than the flush (actually pretty common situation in low limits but not with all players), a small raise can work well.

[/ QUOTE ]

When you say a "small raise", are we talking like minraise town or what?