View Single Post
Old 12-01-2007, 01:46 AM

Default Re: Venetian Reschedules NPL Televised Tournament for Bellagio Bustout

[ QUOTE ]
Oliver, any idea as to the field size today at all?... Also, are they starting at noon today or 3 pm?... Thinking of changing my mind at the last second...

[/ QUOTE ]

27 players entered the 5K event, which started at around 1:30pm with registration open until 3pm.

The featured TV table started with Chris Ferguson, Lee Watkinson, and Scott Fischman, all of whom are sponsored by FullTiltPoker.net

"Jerry" Yang was eliminated by Max Pescatori at an outer table near the end of the 3rd level.

Other "names" in the field were Andy Bloch, Hoyt Corkins (won 6-handed WSOP bracelet event in 2007), Ted Lawson (2004 WSOP $5K/R PLO bracelet winner), and David Singer (back-to-back $50K WSOP HORSE Final tables, winner of Caesars Palace Classic $10K championship event in October).

Alan Sass (a.k.a. "TheUsher") was still in the field when I left at 5pm. I had gotten Alan a contingency logo deal with FullTiltPoker.net for just the NPL $5K event. Alan was on the same plane with me from San Francisco to Hong Kong last Tuesday and we both left Macau on the same ferry on Wednesday morning.