View Single Post
Old 11-19-2007, 01:26 PM

Default Re: I will mentor you for free

[ QUOTE ]
- A high strategy to junk post ratio

[/ QUOTE ]

well that screws me.....but I'm tryin Ringo, I'm tryin reeeeeaaaaaaal hard

1. I just switched to to NL having played limit the last several years, and total robotic mindless limit the last way too long of that. I hated poker (even quit for an extended period of time) and I feel completely reinvigorated by NL and am actually very excited to play poker, and am spending almost as much time working on my game as I am playing it. Math has always been my weakest area, so I am spending lots of time going over that. I bought a few math based poker books, and I spend some time everyday with a pencil and paper going over equity situations. Doing it the long, hard way, is really cementing it in my brain, and like a huge nerd, im actually really enjoying it. I'm also reading and posting in strat again which is something I havent really done in a looong time.

2. I want to be able to play and beat the 5/10 game. I'll never be able to play nosebleeds nor do I care to. But getting to the point where i'm a decent 5/10 player I would feel like I had accomplished something and would be very proud. I also don't think thats out of the realm of possibility, I think have the potential to be a decent NL player. I was a decent limit player, who sadly turned into a multitabling unthinking robot who cared not to work on his game. Mostly because I got to where I hated poker. Playing NL now tho, I see why, because limit poker completely sucks compared to NL. It's like painting a masterpiece but only being able to use 1 size of brush. It really hinders your creativity, and stunts what you can do.

3. I'm currently playing 1/2NL, my past NL earnings are less than 10K as I've been playing for only a couple month, and Im only playing 3 or 4 tables (often times only 2), working on playing poker, not trying to maximize my hourly. I'm not trying to make the most money I can, I'm trying to improve my game the best I can. I'm also spending a lot of time on other areas of improvement (books, forums, pen and paper) so I havent played many hands (less than 100K total, from 25-200NL)

4. I'd have to dig through the archives and honestly its been so long I couldn't remember specific posts, but In the past I think i've made some very good strat posts. I think I'm good at explaining my thought process well, I coached limit for a while a few years back, and have had quite a few people tell me that my posts have really helped them improve their game. I also think I make some really exceptional non strat posts, which obviously does nothing for anyone in a poker aspect, but I think it displays that i'm a reasonably well rounded, intelligent person, with a clear understanding of lots of situations, which are traits that can only help me at the poker table

5. I'm 29, I live in Phoenix, AZ. My turn ons are a warped sense of humor, athletic women, and gogo boots. My turns offs include narrow mindedness, superficiality, and ugly chicks. I love to rock climb, my favorite book is "fierce invalids home from hot climates", and I have an unhealthy dislike for spoons.