View Single Post
Old 11-19-2007, 01:09 PM

Default Re: I will mentor you for free

I would be interested.

1. I currently work on my game by doing some theoretical analysis and reading. I went on a pretty bad cooler early this year (started as a cooler, probably more than a little bad play after I was in it to make it worse), and my game has been horribly sporadic since then.

2. I want to play 10/20 nlh / plo and 50/100 lhe. Right now I have switched back to mainly nlh after playing plo for a while. I play pretty much anything, but usually have one game I am primarily playing at any given time. I really want to get to a point where I am making significant money at poker. I say I want to play at the 10/20 level because it is my understanding that a lot of good players sort of stop at the 5/10 level and make game selection at that level a lot tougher. Also, I want to focus on HU at some point. I enjoy that a lot, but I don't think I am that good at it.

3. past earnings ~ 100k over the last 4 years. Current stakes - nl50 - nl200 in my latest rebuilding phase.

4. It has been a long time since I posted in the strat forums, so I would have to dig (probably most of my strat posts are on the archive server). Mainly my strat posts were in MTT/STT/SHLH/LH. Some, but nothing much in the NLHE forums.

5. I have a white collar full time job and family (wife & two young children). I have supplemented my income with poker for several years, but I have also seen my bankroll drop abysmally low several times. (Usually this is due to withdraws coupled with break even/losing streaks or just not putting in the hours). Really, what you are offering sounds great. I think listening to someone else's thought process while playing would be very valuable. I probably put in about 15-20 hours a week playing, and 5 - 15 writing analysis code (when work is slow) and reading.