View Single Post
Old 10-31-2007, 03:43 PM

Default Re: The \"Halloween is ridiculous thread\"

LOL @ tdarko. [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

I dunno, I kinda like it. As for the kids, I grew up in a safe neighborhood where trick-or-treating was huge. I think it's awesome to see all the kids dressed up. My condo complex is full of old effers and has a no solicitor policy, so I often go over to a friend's house and hang out while the kids come by. We used to stay out later though - I remember knocking on doors as late as the 9PM hour; these days it seems they're done not long after 8PM. Two other things:

- someone told me this week that next to X-mas it's the most spent upon holiday all year. I guess all those costumes and candy and pumpkins add up if that's true. I know a house party last week that had about 200 people all in elaborate costumes, many of which were rented for $50-100+.

- this week must by high season for knocking off convenience stores if you were into that sort of thing. Come in wearing a mask, the clerk wouldn't even think twice about it. Say, come in dressed as Zorro or some gun-toting superhero or villain. Your face would never be on camera. I'm just sayin'. If I'm working at Circle K this week I may be packing heat.