View Single Post
Old 10-31-2007, 03:34 PM

Default The \"Halloween is ridiculous thread\"

I have always thought Halloween was an over-celebrated holiday, not to say that we don't go overboard on every other holiday. I was talking to some friends the other night and we were talking about we dressed up as kids for trick-or-treating and everyone of us came to the conclusion that we hated dressing up and it was basically something our parents made us do. Also, kids get candy every day I didn't want to walk blocks and blocks for a kit-kat, f that I wanted to get off the couch, go into my pantry where I could find some good candy.

Halloween is catered for kids but is a much better adult holiday imo. Raunchy costumes and amusement is the only thing good about the day/night. The candy, pumpkins, store-packaged crappy costumes and the ghost stories are all super boring--they lose their luster quickly.

Haunted houses never worked for me either. I was either too young meaning that I was scared out of my mind and hated it or I was too adult for even the best ones and numb to the fiction of the house and found the whole idea stupid. Even the greatest haunted houses don't do anything for me and I have been to some houses that have been raved about-drove to f'ing far for them too.

Pumpkins are a way to steal everyones money. There is this pumpkin patch near my house and you should see these blood thirsty business people! On the outside they make it look like a place where kids can ride on a mini-train throughout the field, and the parents are videoing the great time and kids are picking out "their favorite pumpkin." wtf?! It's a pumpkin, THEY ALL LOOK THE SAME! So these doofus families are paying all this money for these non-special pumpkins and cheesy day in a field. [censored] stupid. I mean congrats to the owners of the pumpkin patch they are doing well but it is just proof that Halloween is ridiculous and people will do anything for a "holiday." People get this holiday fever and they really get it when they have kids.

I am just glad we took some stories overboard in the early 1900's and ran w/ it so that we could create this monster /rant