View Single Post
Old 07-24-2007, 01:40 PM

Default Re: Stars Grinder looking for help

thanks for putting up the table...i took a look through it and wondered what the remarks would be...i am a B&M player only for small stakes...

a couple of things interest me about your post...

the first is that its been about 26 hours since you posted and not much response...perhaps the question is too broad?

also, i guess over time one fits into a general pattern of play, but having one massive data base assumes that one approach fits all...or put another way, the conditions/other players during your play was unchanged...i am not so sure that applies to poker...

rather i think based on table conditions and opponents, one's play would differ and the statistics ought show that...what i try to work on is recognizing table trends in loose/tight passive/aggressive and changing my play to take advantage...i suspect if you could break down your hand history by table attributes you may find you played at several different kinds of table, each with its own optimal pre-flop and post-flop strategies...is there any way you can break/classify the tables you played at? i guess you folks with marketing background would recognize this thinking as market segmentation, which often happens as a market becomes mature, growth slows, and competitors begin to get wiser and profitability declines (sounds a bit like online poker don't you think?)

sorry to ask more questions, i know you want answers...here's a couple

preflop a couple of things look interesting...1 was that a large percentage of your pre-flop action is to raise...17% $VPIP and 11.7% preflop raise...are you rigid with what you raise with? seems like you limp range is small and you limp only 6%...potentially easy to put you on a small range then...also, you only limp/reraised once out of 202,917 hands? you never slow played AA or KK from early position?

gosh, it seems to me that if you play a long time and become familiar to other players, one needs to have some change ups...do you slow play on later streets occasionally?