View Single Post
Old 11-04-2007, 04:50 PM

Default Borgata 80-160 AA hand - I get check/raised twice

Can I find a fold here?

Villain is normally a donator to the 40-80 and 80-160 games at the Borgata. However, yesterday he seemed to be playing well.

Usually, Villain is a standard issue loose passive limit player, playing too many hands and calling down too much. He usually does not get out of line postflop, though he does have a tendency to randomly donk scare cards. I've never seen him bluff raise.

Yesterday, Villain played a tight game. At one point, he folded on the button to a UTG raise and accidentally exposed the A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], a hand that he would usually play for a raise. Throughout the session, I never saw him show down a marginal hand. I don't know if he wasn't in his usual gambling mood or if he read a book on poker since the last time I saw him.

Villain opens from UTG+1, I 3-bet to his immediate left with red AA, and we see the flop heads-up.

Flop is Q96 rainbow. Villain checks, I bet, Villain check/raises, I call planning to raise the turn.

Turn 9, don't remember the suit. Villain checks, I bet, Villain check/raises me again.

I'm lost. Villain will cap QQ-AA preflop. Q9 is a hand that he would play when in 'gambling' mode. 99 is possible but unlikely. Is 66 a UTG raise for someone who is normally passive but seems to be playing better today? Could he possibly be going bonkers with AQ or KQ?

I hate folding Aces heads-up, but I can't imagine what I am beating here.