View Single Post
Old 11-26-2007, 02:34 PM

Default Re: another tipping question (sorry)

Trust me, the dealers are thinking nasty things about you, and over time you may be held more strictly to the nittiest of rules, not be given benefits of doubt, etc. That they're not saying anything or acting any differently but rather taking it in stride is a sign that they deserve even more to be tipped.

Think of it this way. This is a service industry, and by playing in a cardroom you have entered a tacit agreement with the house that you as a player will support the dealers that have volunteered to run your game. Everybody at your table is paying the dealer's wages except for you. The dealer is probably only mildly irritated, but the table as a whole should be upset that you are forcing them to carry your burden.

In the end, however, it's your choice. I may disagree with those who choose not to tip, and I may think that by and large their arguments tend to fantasize that we live in a different culture than we do, but I'm not going to discuss it with anyone who doesn't show an interest in the topic. And I have no interest in argument, I'm just stating a viewpoint.

It all boils down to how you feel about Mr. Pink.