View Single Post
Old 10-24-2007, 09:31 PM

Default Re: 5/10nl live skill level is to _______ online

When are people going to get it through their heads that live and online are two different games. Very few people (Ivey is one) have been able to beat the highest levels of both. I am one of those people who wins at 5/10 live but struggle with NL 50 online. Why?? Because I play better live. When I play online I'm easily distracted, I surf the internet and watch TV. When I play live, I'm in a card room, what else is there to do besides poker?

Most if not all of the online "pros" are playing a huge number of tables and relying on PT with HUD. Personally I feel this is borderline cheating, you are letting a computer analyze other players betting tendancies. When I play online now, I play 90% heads up S&G's since that is about the only place where I don't have a massive multitabler that is able to track my play while he is playing 12 other tables. In live play you don't have this nifty little tool, you have to watch players all by yourself and use your brain to track player tendancies.

I agree that the number of donks at a low stakes live game is way higher than the typical online game, but at higher stakes the number of donks drops off considerably and the tools available just arent there.