View Single Post
Old 12-01-2007, 03:41 AM

Default Re: ***Official 2007-2008 MLB Offseason Thread***

[ QUOTE ]
Thremp treats people severely once he makes a judgment about them. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] I wonder what references Thremp would come up for someone like me on his totem pole then.

[/ QUOTE ]

I discussed you with another poster recently. You're starting to come around. The comment about defensive metrics was a little dense. But you got mentioned as a #2 improved poster. #1 was a pretty runaway candidate who's starting to make some pretty solid arguments in his case now.

That and you didn't say something like "Well your EV changes depending on the team you're on?"

If someone can explain to me how a summation of outcomes can change depending on the team you're on in baseball atleast in terms of value, I'd be quite interested to hear the explanation. Also, since I'm pretty sure this will be quoted. Can you explain why the Yankees wouldn't dump someone like Wang for a higher EV player like Evan Longoria if you're looking for the most +EV (summation of outcomes, I mean we're not making a team or anything are we?) option, right? Or maybe the utility of the player might matter? IE Longoria in a non-trade universe has limited value to the Yankees as he's blocked and will be a 1B (now) or a corner outfielder (later). But whatever.