Thread: AA all in
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2007, 12:24 AM

Default Re: AA all in

[ QUOTE ]
do u go all in with AA against 2 opponents no matter what?

[/ QUOTE ]

Against bad players, the following might be a case of FPS (Fancy Play Syndrom).

However, against smart players that can get reads, especially smart players that take notes, Harrington, in HOH1, recommends that you randomize your play, that is, alternate both raise sizes, and raising or calling, with the same hand.

With AA, the reasoning is simple, yet profound: If you always raise with aces, "they'll know that when you call, you don't have aces". (Harrington on Hold 'em, Volume 1, page 53).

In the section of the book entitled "Pursuing a Balanced Strategy", Harrington dicusses both alternating raise sizes, and how to randomize rasies and calls.

For the record, I play $5 SNG, and I would only call with aces when trapping a very agressive player (see the previous post). I just finished a SNG with a guy who was raising preflop with almost half of his hands.

At that level, there aren't a lot of people getting reads or taking copious notes, in fact, a lot of the good online players are probably too busy multitabling to take a lot of notes--one of the reasons I don't like to mutitable, as I take detailed notes.

So yes, against an aggresive player that will do the betting for you, limp your aces and let him hang himself.

One more caveat--of course, if you limp and the board has obvious straight or flush draws, don't get cute, go ahead and take the pot down.