View Single Post
Old 11-01-2007, 03:51 PM

Default Re: WPT Five Diamond - Trips w/ A Kicker, Monochrome Flop vs. Shaniac

LuckyLloyd:

I posted the hand because it involved questions of interpretation of a live read, combined with the hand going down in a weird play which led to an issue of whether to abandon the initial live read. It also was a rather tough hand to read, since Shane played the hand in a non-conventional way. It also was similar to a hand which had just been posted, but involved a few key differences.

You think live tells are useless, I don't agree in general, although obviously this is a hand where a live read led me down the path to dumping my stack in a $15K buy-in tournament. And believe me, I remember hands where relying on live tells cost me hands much more than the reverse.

My New Friend from Yale:

I learned to play MTTs by playing on the net, I've been playing live for a little more than 2 years, including the last 7 months full-time. There's really no need to use insults or nasty adjectives to get your point across. Assuming you had a superuser account which showed you that Shane had a 9 with a big heart when he bet the turn, what would you recommend doing?