View Single Post
Old 08-30-2007, 07:01 PM

Default Re: Play though a hand with me here....

I've thought of posting a hand in this manner, because that is the way Harrington presents it. Sometimes I am unsure about decisions I have made on multiple streets.

But I think a time period of 2 days would be sufficient to get enough constructive responses. Stretching it out over 2 years only introduces a lot of noise.

I think I might be tempted to bet around 1/2 the pot here on the river. No-one seems to have shown any interest in it and I can't see someone slowplaying all 3 streets. You are getting 2-1 on your bluff and it's not a disaster if you get called.

Regarding the Sklansly comment you linked, I disagree with him. I think you should only be thinking about randomizing your play when you are playing against (or are going to be playing against) the same opponents over a long period of time.

Harrington gave a rule of thumb, something like your stack has to be more than 24 times the cost of entering the pot to play a speculative hand like a small pocket pair to make up for all the times it misses or you have to throw it away to a raise, etc. I don't remember, though, if he was talking about playing it from EP.

Your stack is over 40x the bet (as is the mini-raiser's), so calling is OK for a skilled player, but folding is OK too. I am not that skilled a player, so I would fold.

Flop and turn, I would check for reasons many others have stated, so I won't further comment on that.