View Single Post
Old 11-28-2007, 10:29 AM

Default 50/100 HKD APPT Macau lightning poker hand

So I am playing lightning poker

Main Villain in this hand is "Tim". He is probably about 100/40 (1st number is definately not below 100) He goes back and forth between spewing by betting 20BBs with air then shoving any flop and calling down 200bbs with A high.

A few hands prior I check called QT in EP and flop came AAQ. I min bet he minraised, I min3bet, he min4bet, I min 5 bet he min 6 bet I min 7 bet he says "maximum value" and folds. My guess is he has like 56 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].

The hand in question: feel free to move to strategy if you feel appropriate.

Anyway I am 300bbs deep, he has 220bbs or so.

I limp A6 UtG he raises to $444. 1 Caller. I call.

Flop comes 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

I opt decide to lead for $100. He insta raises to $1688. Caller folds. I decide this would be a good spot to 3bet minraise to $3276, he insta minraises to $4864.

what do you do here?

Fold
<font color="white"> you're a bittch </font>
Call
<font color="white"> you're a bittch </font>
Raise Allin
<font color="white"> OMG you're losing value </font>
Minraise
<font color="white"> 'grats, you're right. </font>

Anyway I insta minraise to $6452, he quickly makes it $8040
My heart is pumping like crazy from all the action and alcholhol but I think I have him and 7bet make it $9642.

He tanks seemingly forever then folds...

I show A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].

He shows me 55.

Ship it. He goes on tilt afterwards and starts playing like 100/80.

I felt pretty good about my play afterwards. I think this is one of those rare occasions where you are value bluffing. That only seemingly occur within a select few high stakes players. I felt like I sorta came of age at this table. This was one of my 1st times playing live but I think I understand how the game plays now.

This live session alone made up for more than my whole lifetimes worth of lol donkament buyins.

edit: I might have 9 bet. Not sure how far it went. Definately 7 or 9 though.